Thursday, January 12, 2012

Full Moon Forecast

I use a constantly evolving version of the Astrological reading out of Keywords for my monthly forecast - it prevents that unfortunate, "Wow, that Hanged Man could be about anything" that often occurs with a less specific reading.

This one is bound to be interesting, because I was so not in my body or my mind or my life when I pulled them.



1) General mood and outlook: XX - The Aeon
I'd hate to say that all of these Aeons are getting repetitive. All this really says to me is that the Big Bad Changes are not yet done. I feel partial relief and partial ennui at the prospect. I have a lot of work left to do, true, but doesn't some form of stability have to return at some point? Go ahead, laugh, it's OK.

Last month's card: the 10 of Disks. Which, despite some chaos (we'll get there), in a lot of ways last month was everything I wanted it to be. There was a lot of really good stuff happening and I really, truly enjoyed it.

2) Finances: Prince of Swords
This sounds like me hypothesizing a lot of projects and ideas around money and not actually implementing any of them. HOWEVER, this isn't some sort of terrible chaos card, and any time my second house card isn't a Tower or something I breathe a sigh of relief. I just lost one of my jobs, and am going to be without roommates as of tomorrow. I am starting another second job next week, but it's complicated and going to start slow financially. I can totally see myself brainstorming assorted financial endeavors for the next few weeks until I reach some kind of balance point.

Last month this was the 10 of Cups, and let's just say - Fuck Yes 10 of Cups. I had enough money to do pretty much everything I wanted and it was fucking stellar.

3) Everyday experiences: 2 of Swords - Peace
Crowley is all equilibrium and harmony with this one. Which, if you know me at all, is not typical. I welcome it. Especially in light of that Aeon up there.

Last month - 5 of Wands. Despite the preceding 10s, there was more than a bit of angst and frustration and helplessness-feeling. There was the car being totaled, and the working two jobs and getting sick and getting fired from the job and, well, you get the point. The 2 of Swords is an improvement, here, but the 5 of Wands has simply migrated to my 8th house.

4) Home: 4 of Disks - Power
The 4 of Disks has been hanging out quite a bit lately, and it's been bothering me. There is a sense of solidity here, but also of senseless guarding against an ultimate decay. I asked for clarification, and got the Empress. I am guessing that it's about building a stable foundation for creative pursuits? (I'll always assume a metaphorical Empress until proven wrong, or unless I have a really strong feeling about it.) That idea of building a foundation, a base of power, is really important right now. I have been struggling with that, and have also been concerned about the idea that once the roommates depart I'll be living alone, again. That's generally not a good look for me.

Last months card here was the Lovers, which was basically literal and not at all surprising. The month before that was also the Lovers, here, which was when I got my roommates. (I had been looking for one, and got a pair instead.)

5) Fun/Hobbies/Games/Whatever: 2 of Disks - Change
Curious about this. New pursuits? Picking up projects I've been avoiding? I am going to be open to ideas here and just kind of see what develops.

Last month's was the Prince of Swords. He seems to be moving about quite a bit. Not really sure what he was up to in the 5th house, honestly, maybe just talking theory with people. There was a lot of that.

6) Work: 4 of Wands - Completion
Finishing a task, wrapping something up. Suggests, also, limitations. Because I am always worried about my life going up in flames (see house 2) I asked something like, "what does this look like?" and drew the 3 of Cups. This is, then, a very fortunate 4 of Wands. Hopefully it means I will actually get some projects at work wrapped up that have been hanging around my neck for a while. That would definitely provoke a 3 of Cups.

Last month we had the Princess of Cups here, which is why I am so terribly behind at work. The Princess of Cups has the follow-through of a wet peanut butter sandwich. Not that I don't love her, because I really, really do. She just really doesn't understand most of what I do or why I should be doing it, especially not if it's terribly boring and, in actuality, pointless.

7) Partnership: XVIII - The Moon
This is perhaps where things get interesting. I didn't add cards to this, but I will go back and do a reading on it specifically. There are a lot of terrifying seventh house things in my world, and I'm not even sure which direction to start walking to look for whichever valley of doom this card is talking about. I will go find it, though, I promise.

Last month - 2 of Disks, who has moved to my 5th house this month. I see what you did there, 2 of Disks. Nice one.

8) Crisis/taboo: 5 of Wands - Strife
How about my crisis is trying to figure out how to deal with frustration and BLARGH without banging my face into the wall? That is so possible. "What do I do with this?" I asked 9 of Wands. Pretty clear, don't quit just because shit got annoying. Working on it.

Last month: The Hierophant. I have thoughts on this but they are dull, issues with biases re: certain schools of thought and people who follow them.

9) Higher Perceptions: 10 of Swords - Ruin
10 of Swords is also a recurring theme for me right now. Overthinking. Too much mental energy applied, destruction of everything thereby. Hoping that my higher perception will be how to avoid such. "Where does this lead?" Adjustment. Balance. Hopefully some kind of clarity

Last month: Death. Wow, dude, that's heavy. Coming to terms with some seriously debilitating issues that I  needed to let die? Check. Well, checkish.

10) Public Recognition/Future of Occupation: XII - The Hanged Man
This could be several things. Giving up on school for the moment? Sad, but possible, even looking increasingly likely. Giving up on the last shreds of hope that I'm going to do the high-powered corporate career thing? Gods, we can only hope so. "What kind of sacrifice?" The Emperor. The Emperor says perfectionism and control. Sounds like the corporate thing?

Last month: 4 of Wands. Which has moved into my 6th house this month. Weird, no?

11) Friendship: XI - Lust
Another card that's been occupying a lot of space in my readings. A lot. Watch out, friends? I asked some kind of question and pulled another card but I don't remember which question.  (Remember, I was really fucking tranced out.) The answer was the Sun. Your guess is as good as mine.

Last month: 8 of Swords.

12) Secret Hopes/Fears: Prince of Disks
I have been thinking about starting a farm someday. Planning. Stability. Planning for stability. Would love some stability.

Last month: Princess of Wands. I still haven't had a good Princess of Wands day/week/month in a bit. Still sounds kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment